Thursday, August 27, 2009

What has been happening, along with an apology for not writing sooner.




In an effort to please my family (and Krista) I have decided to start writing again. I am sorry I have been slacking but I am so busy and the task of writing all that has happened is daunting. I will try and give you the condensed version:

Since I got here i have eaten the most delicious food and made the best friends. 
The food- The food here is amazing. It is all so delicious, but if I see rice and beans one more time I might be sick. It is normally chicken and a small portion of beef with rice and beans on the side along with salad and a new fruit juice
 everyday. On occasion we have something different; for instance today we had shrimp, and beef. Three of my favorite things I have tried are Guarana (a popular soda) Coxinha (a type of snack chicken) and brigadeiro (a candy made from chocolate, condensed milk, and butter. Talk about fattening).

My friends- My friends here are great. All Brazilian people are very nice but
 I feel that I have found some very special girls to spend my time with. I am with them almost every afternoon so we all have gotten to know each other very well. They take me out and show me the city and joke around 
with me constantly. I thought at the start it would be difficult to find people who genuinely liked me but it was so simple. 

I have also had the opportunity to meet about half of the exchange students in my district (and I will meet the rest tomorrow at our meeting in Maragogi). They are all so kind and unique. None of us are the same and we all have different cultures to share! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, sounds pretty amazing! I love reading your blog ;) keep it coming

    ReplyDelete